Thursday, April 17, 2008

I read weird books...

...so says my mum.

Well, like most aspects of my life, I select what I like and also what I don't like. My mum calls me "fussy" and I have a friend that calls me "spoilt". I prefer to call it being selective or more popularly known as having the freedom of choice. While my mum devours romantic "chick lits" and my brother devours sci-fi/high fantasy books, I read books that "interest" me at the moment.

So what books do I read? Here's the only three books I currently possess:


The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (A book on, well, I can't really categorise this)
Quote:
"That's the principle which governs all things. In alchemy, that's the Soul of the World."

Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (A book on philosophy - I love this book)
Quotes:
"The only thing we require to be good philosophers is the faculty of wonder."
"Yes, we too are stardust."


The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins (A book on evolution - in the midst of reading)
Quote:
"Let us try to teach altruism and generosity because we are born selfish."

and one coming soon:
Under A Green Sky by Peter D. Ward (A book on global warming)

I take the possession of any item in particular to be very special. And having a book just means that I really really like it. For other books that I do read, well, I am lucky enough to have a mum that owns a bookstore.

Anyone ever read these books? I don't think they're weird at all.

I'm guessing they're weird to my mum only because they don't fall into the popular categories of "chick lit" and "sci-fi/high fantasy".

On another note, I may acquire a 5th book during the long holidays. It's also by Richard Dawkins. It's named "The God Delusion" (a book on religion).

もしあなたが知りたい、日本のは今漫画が二冊と小説が一冊があります。
この二冊の漫画はFate/Stay Nightです。
「エクスカリバー!」

小説のは涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱です。
「ただの人間には興味ありません。この中に宇宙人、未来人、異世界人、超能力者がいたら、あたしのところに来なさい。以上。」

僕の日本語はまだまだですから、考え違わないでください。以上の三冊は大体読むことができません。

では…皆さん、おはようございます。

今僕が眠くて寝たいです。

またね。

No comments: